By Laura Kurgan
Read Online or Download Close Up at a Distance: Mapping, Technology, and Politics PDF
Best earth sciences books
The Periglacial surroundings, 3rd version, offers an authoritative evaluation of the worldâ? ?s chilly, non-glacial environments. Emphasis is put upon the North American and Eurasian polar lowlands, yet examples also are drawn from Antarctica, the Qinghai-Xizang (Tibet) Plateau, and the northern mid-latitudes.
The ebook is a brand new entire textbook approximately growing and publishing geoinformation metadata. it's a compendium of information approximately geoinformation metadata in motivate Directive and Spatial details Infrastructures. It includes the information essential to comprehend sooner than the construction of geoinformation metadata.
Protecting concept and perform, this wide-ranging introductory textbook covers the most optical houses of rock-forming minerals that may be well-known lower than the polarizing microscope. The authors elucidate the elemental parts of microscopy, the speculation of sunshine transmission via translucent minerals, and the houses of sunshine mirrored from opaque minerals.
The translation of geophysical info in exploration geophysics, good logging, engineering, mining and environmental geophysics calls for wisdom of the actual homes of rocks and their correlations. actual houses are a "key" for mixed interpretation options. The learn of rock physics offers an interdisciplinary remedy of actual homes, even if relating to geophysical, geotechnical, hydrological or geological technique.
- Carbonate Depositional Systems: Assessing Dimensions and Controlling Parameters: The Bahamas, Belize and the Persian/Arabian Gulf
- Spatial Mathematics: Theory and Practice through Mapping
- Location Science
- Geology and Structural Analysis of Foliation Planes of Granite Gneiss exposed around Kanwara, Dass. Bauchi State
- Global Changes and Natural Disaster Management: Geo-information Technologies
- Defining the Spatial Scale in Modern Regional Analysis: New Challenges from Data at Local Level (Advances in Spatial Science)
Extra resources for Close Up at a Distance: Mapping, Technology, and Politics