By Sarah B., EdD, MPH, RN, C-PNP, FAAN Keating,Stephanie S., PhD, APRN, ACNS-BC, CCRN DeBoor
"This is an in depth but sensible advisor to making plans, constructing, and comparing nursing curricula and academic courses. It offers a accomplished and significant standpoint at the totality of variables impacting curricular decisions...This booklet presents readers with a accomplished assessment of curriculum improvement, redecorate, and overview processes…92 - four Stars"
- --Doody's booklet Reviews
Reorganized and up to date to convey useful instructions for evidence-based curricular switch and improvement, the fourth version of this vintage textual content highlights present learn in nursing schooling as a springboard for graduate scholars and school of their quest for learn initiatives, theses, dissertations, and scholarly actions. It additionally makes a speciality of the categorical sciences of nursing schooling and software evaluate as they pertain to nursing educators. New chapters tackle the position of school concerning curriculum improvement and approval tactics in altering academic environments; path improvement recommendations for utilising studying theories, academic taxonomies, and team-building; wishes overview and the body components version; ADN and BSN and pathways to better levels; and making plans for doctoral education.
The fourth variation maintains to supply the distinctive wisdom and functional purposes helpful for brand new and skilled college to take part in crucial parts of the tutorial role—instruction, curriculum, and assessment. At its center, the textual content discusses the significance of wishes evaluate and facts as a foundation for revising or constructing new courses and highlights needful assets and political help. With a spotlight on interdisciplinary collaboration, the booklet addresses the expansion of simulation, how you can support new college transition into the educational position, and use of curriculum in either perform and educational settings. also, the publication describes the background and evolution of present nursing curricula and offers the theories, options, and instruments valuable for curriculum improvement. Chapters comprise ambitions, dialogue issues, studying actions, references, and a glossary.
New to the Fourth Edition:
- Reorganized and up to date to mirror contemporary evidence-based curricular adjustments and developments
- Highlights present research
- New bankruptcy: Implementation of Curriculum – path improvement techniques for the appliance of studying Theories, academic Taxonomies, and guide Team-Building
- New bankruptcy on making plans for Undergraduate Programs
- New content material on wishes evaluate and the body components Model
- New content material on making plans for Doctoral schooling in Nursing
- New content material on curriculum review, monetary aid, finances administration, and use of evidence
- Supports new school as they transition to academe
- Addresses the necessity for getting ready extra college educators as outlined by means of IOM document, the ACA, and the Consensus Model
- Describes the scope of educational curriculum versions at each perform and educational level
- Threads the concept that of interdisciplinary collaboration in schooling throughout
- Serves as a CNE Certification Review
Read or Download Curriculum Development and Evaluation in Nursing Education PDF
Best nursing books
Dieses Buch führt den Leser fundiert und präzise zu einem praktischen Pflegestufenmix, der auch den aktuellen Pflegebedarf der Heimbewohner abbildet. So gelingt es jeder Pflegedienst- und/oder Wohnbereichsleitung, in wenigen Schritten ein nachhaltiges Pflegestufenmanagement aufzubauen. Gleichzeitig zeigt der Autor, wie sich Erlöse und own nach den Pflegestufen entwickeln.
Bewegungsspiele mit ihren vielfältigen Variationsmöglichkeiten haben sich in der Zwischenzeit als wichtiger Bestandteil sowohl im Herzsport als auch im Rahmen von Bewegungsangeboten für ältere Menschen etabliert und bewährt. Spiele lassen sich durch gezielte Regelveränderungen nicht nur an die unterschiedlichen körperlichen Voraussetzungen der Teilnehmenden anpassen.
There’s no different OCN® examination evaluate source love it! The center Curriculum for Oncology Nursing, fifth variation is the one overview ebook for the OCN exam constructed in collaboration with Oncology Nursing Society (ONS). in response to the most recent try out blueprint for the OCN examination, this booklet covers the total scope of perform for oncology nursing — in an summary structure that emphasizes vital info and streamlines your assessment.
Even after years of educating and tough paintings, discovering your self at the threshold of your nursing occupation is usually a daunting prospect. during this revised and up to date moment version, Jackie gap presents transparent, sensible recommendation on either dealing with the transition from scholar to certified nurse - together with getting the main out of your ultimate placement and making functions - and useful suggestion on key parts encountered within the first weeks and months after qualification.
- Expertenstandards in der Pflege - eine Gebrauchsanleitung (German Edition)
- Clinical Care Classification (CCC) System Manual: A Guide to Nursing Documentation
- U.S. Cancer Report: November 2015: The newest anticancer treatments for cancer patient
- Nursing the Surgical Patient
- Machame Anaesthesia Notebook for Medical Auxiliaries: With Special Emphasis on the Developing Countries
Additional info for Curriculum Development and Evaluation in Nursing Education