By Malcolm Skinner,David Redfern,Geoff Farmer
Read Online or Download Dictionary of Geography PDF
Similar earth sciences books
The Periglacial surroundings, 3rd version, offers an authoritative review of the worldâ? ?s chilly, non-glacial environments. Emphasis is put upon the North American and Eurasian polar lowlands, yet examples also are drawn from Antarctica, the Qinghai-Xizang (Tibet) Plateau, and the northern mid-latitudes.
The e-book is a brand new accomplished textbook approximately developing and publishing geoinformation metadata. it's a compendium of data approximately geoinformation metadata in encourage Directive and Spatial info Infrastructures. It includes the information essential to comprehend ahead of the construction of geoinformation metadata.
Overlaying idea and perform, this wide-ranging introductory textbook covers the most optical houses of rock-forming minerals that may be famous less than the polarizing microscope. The authors elucidate the fundamental parts of microscopy, the idea of sunshine transmission via translucent minerals, and the houses of sunshine mirrored from opaque minerals.
The translation of geophysical information in exploration geophysics, good logging, engineering, mining and environmental geophysics calls for wisdom of the actual homes of rocks and their correlations. actual homes are a "key" for mixed interpretation innovations. The learn of rock physics offers an interdisciplinary therapy of actual houses, no matter if on the topic of geophysical, geotechnical, hydrological or geological technique.
- Investigating Oceanography
- Recent Advances and Issues in the Geological Sciences (Frontiers of Science Series)
- Aerial Geology: A High-Altitude Tour of North America's Spectacular Volcanoes, Canyons, Glaciers, Lakes, Craters, and Peaks
- Fatal Airs: The Deadly History and Apocalyptic Future of Lethal Gases That Threaten Our World
- Global Change and Caribbean Vulnerability: Environment, Economy and Society at Risk
Additional info for Dictionary of Geography