By Piotr Żenczykowski
The commonplace version of uncomplicated debris, even supposing very profitable, includes quite a few components which are installed via hand. knowing their foundation calls for going past the version and looking out for “new physics”. the current booklet elaborates on one specific idea touching on such physics. whereas the unique perception is 50 years outdated, it has no longer misplaced its attraction over the years. Its simple inspiration is that area — an area of occasions taken care of within the typical version as a classical heritage — is an idea which emerges from a strictly discrete quantum layer within the restrict of enormous quantum numbers.
This ebook discusses an extension of this view through exchanging area with part house. It combines the result of the author's study papers and areas them in a lot broader philosophical and phenomenological contexts, hence offering extra arguments in desire of the proposed replacement. The ebook could be of curiosity to the philosophically-minded readers who're prepared to consider unorthodox principles at the very nature of the world.
- Philosophy and Physics:
- Reality and Its Description
- Classical and Quantum elements of Reality
- Time for a Change
- Elementary Particles:
- The usual version and the Subparticle Paradigm
- The challenge of Mass
- Constituent Quarks and Spacetime Points
- Elementary debris and Macroscopic Space
- Phase house and Quantum:
- Phase house and Its Symmetries
- Quantizing section Space
- Elementary debris from a Phase-Space Perspective
- Generalizing the idea that of Mass
Readership: execs and researchers in theoretical physics, philosophy of technological know-how, particle physics and quantum physics.
Read or Download Elementary Particles and Emergent Phase Space PDF
Similar nuclear physics books
Questions of the basic nature of subject proceed to encourage and have interaction our mind's eye. besides the fact that, the interesting new techniques of strings, supersymmetry and unique subject construct on rules which are popular to physicists yet mysterious and confusing to humans outdoor of those examine fields. protecting key conceptual advancements from the final century, this e-book offers a historical past to the daring principles and demanding situations confronted through physicists at the present time.
This three-volume sequence offers the information, versions and techniques necessary to figuring out plasma dynamics and self-organization for researchers and graduate scholars in plasma physics, managed fusion and comparable fields resembling plasma astrophysics. quantity I develops the actual kinetics of plasma turbulence via a spotlight on quasi-particle types and dynamics.
Physics and Engineering of Radiation Detection offers an summary of the physics of radiation detection and its purposes. It covers the origins and houses of alternative types of ionizing radiation, their detection and dimension, and the methods used to guard humans and the surroundings from their most likely damaging results.
The most recent investigation from acclaimed nuclear engineer and writer James Mahaffey reveals forgotten nuclear endeavors all through background that have been occasionally hair-brained, usually dicy, and constantly interesting. no matter if you're a scientist or a poet, pro-nuclear strength or staunch opponent, conspiracy theorist or pragmatist, James Mahaffey's books have served to open up the realm of nuclear technological know-how like by no means earlier than.
- Elements of Slow-Neutron Scattering: Basics, Techniques, and Applications
- Coming of Age: Idaho Falls and the Idaho National Engineering Laboratory 1949-1990
- Accelerator Driven Subcritical Reactors (Series in Fundamental and Applied Nuclear Physics)
- Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials in Construction: Integrating Radiation Protection in Reuse (COST Action Tu1301 NORM4BUILDING) (Woodhead Publishing Series in Civil and Structural Engineering)
- An Introduction to Relativistic Processes and the Standard Model of Electroweak Interactions (UNITEXT for Physics)
- The Manhattan Project: A Very Brief Introduction to the Physics of Nuclear Weapons (IOP Concise Physics)
Additional resources for Elementary Particles and Emergent Phase Space