By W. Scott Baldridge
Read Online or Download Geology of the American Southwest: A Journey through Two Billion Years of Plate-Tectonic History PDF
Best earth sciences books
The Periglacial surroundings, 3rd variation, offers an authoritative review of the worldâ? ?s chilly, non-glacial environments. Emphasis is positioned upon the North American and Eurasian polar lowlands, yet examples also are drawn from Antarctica, the Qinghai-Xizang (Tibet) Plateau, and the northern mid-latitudes.
The booklet is a brand new complete textbook approximately growing and publishing geoinformation metadata. it's a compendium of data approximately geoinformation metadata in motivate Directive and Spatial info Infrastructures. It includes the data essential to comprehend ahead of the construction of geoinformation metadata.
Masking concept and perform, this wide-ranging introductory textbook covers the most optical houses of rock-forming minerals that may be famous lower than the polarizing microscope. The authors elucidate the elemental components of microscopy, the speculation of sunshine transmission via translucent minerals, and the houses of sunshine mirrored from opaque minerals.
The translation of geophysical facts in exploration geophysics, good logging, engineering, mining and environmental geophysics calls for wisdom of the actual houses of rocks and their correlations. actual homes are a "key" for mixed interpretation strategies. The examine of rock physics offers an interdisciplinary therapy of actual homes, even if relating to geophysical, geotechnical, hydrological or geological technique.
- Geology of the Nepal Himalaya: Regional Perspective of the Classic Collided Orogen (Regional Geology Reviews)
- Earth Observation for Land and Emergency Monitoring
- Standard-Based Data and Information Systems for Earth Observation (Lecture Notes in Geoinformation and Cartography)
- Looking into the Earth: An Introduction to Geological Geophysics
- The Socioeconomic and Environmental Implications of Urban Sprawl on the Coastline of Douala-Cameroon. Options for Integrated Coastal Management
- Geographical Skills and Fieldwork for WJEC GCSE Geography and WJEC Eduqas GCSE (9–1) Geography A and B
Extra resources for Geology of the American Southwest: A Journey through Two Billion Years of Plate-Tectonic History