By Jan Chozen Bays MD
Read or Download How to Train a Wild Elephant: And Other Adventures in Mindfulness PDF
Similar buddhism books
"This paintings helps the proposition that the eradication of faith will make us stay as one, and there's just one solution to get rid of faith and that's to take away the necessity for it. Armed in simple terms with cause, this paintings will turn out that as a result of lack of know-how faith is simply an invention to fill a necessity. This paintings has 3 segments.
A becoming physique of analysis is exhibiting that mindfulness can lessen pressure, increase actual healthiness, and increase one’s total caliber of lifestyles. Jan Chozen Bays, MD—physician and Zen teacher—has constructed a chain of straightforward practices to aid us domesticate mindfulness as we pass approximately our traditional, day-by-day lives.
This booklet is meant to motivate using comparative theology in modern Buddhist-Christian discussion as a brand new process that may actually recognize every one non secular tradition's area of expertise and make discussion helpful for all contributors drawn to a true theological alternate. because of the deadlock reached by means of the present theologies of religions (exclusivism, inclusivism, and pluralism) in formulating a optimistic procedure in discussion, this quantity assesses the concept of the founding fathers of an instructional Buddhist-Christian discussion looking for clues that might motivate a comparativist technique.
For hundreds of years, anywhere Thai Buddhists have made their houses, statues of the Buddha have supplied remarkable testomony to the function of Buddhism within the lives of the folk. The Buddha in Lanna bargains the 1st in-depth old learn of the Thai culture of donation of Buddha statues. Drawing on palm-leaf manuscripts and inscriptions, many by no means formerly translated into English, the booklet finds the foremost roles that Thai Buddha pictures have performed within the social and monetary worlds in their makers and devotees from the 15th to 20th centuries.
- Travels in the Netherworld: Buddhist Popular Narratives of Death and the Afterlife in Tibet: Buddist Popular Narratives of Death and the Afterlife in Tibet
- So macht man Träume wahr: Tibetisch-Buddhistische Geheimnisse zur Erfüllung unserer Wünsche (German Edition)
- Faces of Compassion: Classic Bodhisattva Archetypes and Their Modern Expression — An Introduction to Mahayana Buddhism
- Contes de Jataka - Volume IV: La Reine Semeuse de Lotus et autres histoires (Il était une vie--) (French Edition)
- Dogen and Soto Zen
- Buddha Nature: The Mahayana Uttaratantra Shastra With Commentary
Extra info for How to Train a Wild Elephant: And Other Adventures in Mindfulness