By David Novak,Matt Sakakeeny
members. Andrew Eisenberg, Veit Erlmann, Patrick Feaster, Steven Feld, Daniel Fisher, Stefan Helmreich, Charles Hirschkind, Deborah Kapchan, Mara turbines, John Mowitt, David Novak, Ana Maria Ochoa Gautier, Thomas Porcello, Tom Rice, Tara Rodgers, Matt Sakakeeny, David Samuels, Mark M. Smith, Benjamin Steege, Jonathan Sterne, Amanda Weidman
Read or Download Keywords in Sound PDF
Similar anthropology books
This publication examines the ways that our rules approximately language and id which was framed in nationwide and political phrases as an issue of rights and citizenship are more and more recast in fiscal phrases as an issue of additional price. It argues that this discursive shift is hooked up to precise features of the globalized new financial system in what will be considered "late capitalism".
Either Hollywood and company the United States are being attentive to the selling energy of the becoming Latino inhabitants within the usa. And as salsa takes over either the dance ground and the condiment shelf, the impact of Latin tradition is gaining momentum in American society as an entire. but the expanding visibility of Latinos in mainstream tradition has no longer been observed via an analogous point of monetary parity or political enfranchisement.
Examines the methods in of setting up paintings, rank, reimbursement, and advertising within a wide eastern corporation in Hong Kong, and its non secular education, to bare the socio-economic base of managerial regulate. A needs to for anthropologists and Japanologists.
They depart Their Kidneys within the Fields takes the reader on an ethnographic travel of the melon and corn harvesting fields of California’s significant Valley to appreciate why farmworkers undergo heatstroke and persistent disease at charges better than employees in the other undefined. via alluring bills of the day-by-day lives of a middle crew of farmworkers over approximately a decade, Sarah Bronwen Horton files in startling aspect how a tightly interwoven web of public rules and personal pursuits creates remarkable and useless affliction.
- Jean-Paul Sartre and The Jewish Question: Anti-antisemitism and the Politics of the French Intellectual (Texts and Contexts)
- Cultures Merging: A Historical and Economic Critique of Culture (The Princeton Economic History of the Western World)
- Cricket, Literature and Culture: Symbolising the Nation, Destabilising Empire
- Society, Representation and Textuality: The Critical Interface
- Japanese Tree Burial: Ecology, Kinship and the Culture of Death (Japan Anthropology Workshop Series)
- Signifying Identities: Anthropological Perspectives on Boundaries and Contested Identities
Extra resources for Keywords in Sound