By Emily O. Goldman
These essays learn the ways that the data expertise revolution has affected the good judgment of deterrence and obstacle administration, definitions of peace and warfare, democratic constraints on clash, the behavior of and armed forces association for conflict, and the transforming into position of the non-public zone in offering security.
Read or Download National Security in the Information Age PDF
Best russian history books
Written from the viewpoint of the manufacturing unit employee and peasant on the floor point, this examine of Russia through the Revolution 1917-21 goals to make clear the realities of residing via and collaborating in those tumultuous occasions. The e-book is meant for undergraduate classes in background, Soviet experiences, and politics.
Xenakis examines the responses of Soviet specialists in American academia—primarily political scientists, but in addition economists and protection students who really good within the USSR—to the unfolding proof of Soviet reform in the course of the Seventies and Nineteen Eighties and to its final cave in. He concludes that American Sovietologists and different political scientists have been extra aware of the chilly conflict consensus—to the wishes of the kingdom division, safety, and CIA coverage makers and to the legit Washington line of the moment—than to the altering face of the Soviet Union.
This groundbreaking research unearths the level of British army making plans opposed to the Soviet Union through the first years of the second one global struggle. those plans, formulated at the frequent trust that Soviet Russia used to be an lively and prepared associate in Adolf Hitler's struggle of conquest, have been designed to deliver the Soviets to their knees and deprive Nazi Germany of significant uncooked fabrics, in particular oil.
Within the Russian Quest for Peace and Democracy, Metta Spencer recounts the political and army alterations that experience happened in Russia as much as mid-2010. utilizing hundreds of thousands of interviews she carried out with officers, dissidents, and liberal intellectuals, she describes a number of the teams, forces, and contributors that labored to liberalize the totalitarian Soviet Union and its fellow countries in the back of the Iron Curtain, and which finally caused the dissolution of these repressive governments.
- Empire of Nations: Ethnographic Knowledge and the Making of the Soviet Union (Culture and Society after Socialism)
- Security Threats and Public Perception: Digital Russia and the Ukraine Crisis (New Security Challenges)
- Digital Russia: The Language, Culture and Politics of New Media Communication (Routledge Contemporary Russia and Eastern Europe Series)
- Millenarian Bolshevism 1900-1920: Empiriomonism, God-Building, Proletarian Culture: Volume 9 (Routledge Library Editions: The Russian Revolution)
- Russian Literary Culture in the Camera Age: The Word as Image (BASEES/Routledge Series on Russian and East European Studies)
- From Stalingrad to Berlin: The Illustrated Edition
Additional resources for National Security in the Information Age